Thursday, December 28, 2006

JFK to NYC

last night we came home from JFK in a larger slide-open door taxi with no partition. The driver was a woman. We think she asked us which route we'd like to go, but she spoke in such a low, sweet, dulcet tone reminiscent of Austrian Operetta
Sopranos or Mountain Warbler Ladies we couldn't make out a word she was saying. She then turned on 1010 WINS so loud it blasted out, but then surreptitiously turned it down as a trick so she could eavesdrop on every word we said.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had that same car- amazing!

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it, we got her too.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to be an opera singer until one of my fares punched me in the throat. I now make a living driving my cab and selling pencils in the subway. Although I hate you for posting this on your website, I love you all as human beings and wish you nothing but happiness in 2007

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home